Re: cfalrtl question

A clue...

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> % ./erf
> ./erf: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libfor.so.0:
> undefined symbol: fstat
>
> Where's fstat?
>
> % nm /usr/lib/compaq/cfalrtl-1.1.0/libUfor.a | grep fstat
> for_u_fstat.o:
>                  U fstat
> 0000000000000000 T fstat_
> % nm /usr/lib/compaq/cfalrtl-1.1.0/libfor.a | grep fstat
>                  U fstat
>
> but the shared libs are stripped, so I don't know if fstat is really in
> libUfor.so or somewhere else that gets lumped into the static
> libUfor.a.

Turns out fstat is in libc!  So Q may have to rebuild their beta cfalrtl libs
for glibc 2.2.2...

Just for fun:

% nm /usr/lib/libc.a | grep fstat
                 U __fstatfs
                 U __fstatvfs64
fstat.o:
0000000000000000 T __fstat
0000000000000000 W fstat
fstat64.o:
0000000000000000 T fstat64
fstatfs.o:
0000000000000000 T __fstatfs
0000000000000000 W __fstatfs64
0000000000000000 W fstatfs
0000000000000000 W fstatfs64
fstatfs64.o:
fstatvfs.o:
                 U __fstatfs
0000000000000000 T fstatvfs
fstatvfs64.o:
0000000000000000 T __fstatvfs64
                 U fstatvfs
0000000000000000 W fstatvfs64
                 U __fstatfs
                 U __fstatfs64

So what does fstat do?  Does this mean the new glibc doesn't really have fstat?
Does this break binary compatibility for anything else?

And more importantly: does anybody have fort working on unstable at all?

I'm not uploading any cfal packages until this is resolved, though you can play
with what currently exists at http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/compaq/ .

Zeen,

-Adam P.