Re: ITP: CPML and CXML alpha installer packages

Hi,

> > I'd like for the installer to determine the processor type and abort if
> > inappropriate, but don't quite know how.  Aside from that, I think it's
> > ready to go, and I'll put up a CXML version in the next day or two.
> > I'll upload by the end of the week if nobody gives a good reason not to.
>
> I may be able to help with this.  Contact me off list tomorrow.  I think I
> still have a small binary that can tell what CPU is in the machine that
> you can compile and use during packaging.

maybe the following could do the job:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "cpu model" | cut -b 14-

Can't really rell how portable this is. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Regards,
Thomas Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )