Re: [ot] moving from static IP to DHCP -- how?

On Thu 08 Mar 2001, Gustaf Erikson wrote:

> Now the machine is in the office, where it should be. We use DHCP too,
> but now the machine is official. The question is, where do I root out
> all the static IP info so that all networking info comes from DHCP?

I think all you have to do is edit /etc/network/interfaces .
Replace the iface eth0 paragraph with:

iface eth0 inet dhcp

> OpenBSD is so much simpler ;-)

Are you sure? :-)

> I realize that this has very little to do with Debian Alpha. My

debian-user might have been more appropriate.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/