Re: gcc bug in -O

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:02:28PM +0100, Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> Is it O.K. to generate it like this?
>
> gcc -O3 -mieee -E command.c > command.i

I usually just add -save-temps, but your invocation will work as well.

> The program is made up of several source-codes to be converted to *.o
> and then linked. The crash occurs only in command.c compiling. What
> files should I send, the command.i and the header files only?

When you preprocess a source file, it will automatically include the
needed headers, so sending them isn't necessary.  Just the .i from the
affected file will do, in this case.  If there were a linking bug or
something, the entire source would be needed, but since this is just
an optimisation error being triggered by one file, you shouldn't need
to send the whole thing.