gcc bug in -O

Hi,

when reading the thread about gcc crashing when -O is used, I remembered
that I wanted to report this to the bug tracking system a while ago.
I had and still have a similar problem with a program when using -O
in whatever level and it seems not to be reported officially yet.

After this message:

command.c: In function `DoAction':
command.c:1035: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a
cast

gcc stops with
Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11.

This happens only when -O is used. The ccc does not show the error
message about the assignment and compiles through without problems.

When I first reported it to the list, I was told not to send the source
code but the preprocessed file of the crashing program.

Is it O.K. to generate it like this?

gcc -O3 -mieee -E command.c > command.i

The program is made up of several source-codes to be converted to *.o
and then linked. The crash occurs only in command.c compiling. What
files should I send, the command.i and the header files only?

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de