Re: Monitor syncing on multia

On Mon 29 Jan 2001, Julien Stern wrote:

> I got hold on a very old IBM monitor that was bundled with the PS/2.
> I wanted to use it with my multia (noname).
>
> It works all right as long as I'm under the ARC console, but
> as soon as I boot linux the screen is completely garbled (it's
> also garbled when I go under the boot menu).
>
> I tried the monitor with a few other computers:
> sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (and I haven't figured
> the pattern :().

It sounds like the monitor is simply about to die.
I use an absolutely-plain monochrome VGA monitor on my multia
which will only do the standard text and 640x480, and that works
just fine.

Only the SRM screen (which uses quite a high resolution) won't
be displayed. In milo, ARC, and linux itself there's no problem.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/