Re: small spam

On Fri 26 Jan 2001, Maurice Hilarius wrote:
> With regards to your message at 01:31 AM 1/26/01, Paul Slootman. Where you
> stated:
> >On Thu 25 Jan 2001, Maurice Hilarius wrote:
> >
> > > Short bit of info I thought the list members might find useful:
> >
> >This might have been OK on this list if not:
> >
> > > Northern Linux  - Pre-installed.
> >
> >With debian preinstalled it might be acceptable. Do you or your
> >company support debian in any way?

> Certainly. If someone wants Deb on a machine we will be glad to install it.
> Can we support it? That's tougher.

Actually, what I meant with "supporting debian" is the debian project
itself.  For example, VA Linux has now supported debian for many years,
donating hardware and bandwidth to the project, and in fact employing
people to work on debian.  And that was when they basically sold Red Hat
preinstalled on their systems (for similar reasons you state in your
emails, I presume).

Anyway, thanks for your response; at least I know that your message was
in good faith and not blatant spam as sometimes is the case. However,
spam (even in forms as yours) is _not_ wanted on the debian lists (or in
fact anywhere).  Perhaps if you were an active person on the lists,
participating in discussions etc, and you slipped in an URL to your
company in a subtle manner, it would be different.

Regards,
Paul Slootman
--
email work: paul@murphy.nl