Re: aboot not working on eb164

> Aboot does work with 2.4.0 kernels (I'm using one right now,
> in fact...UP2000), so that's not it.  Did you happen to compile that

Sorry that I did not make this clearer, but I haven't actually gotten around
to building custom 2.4 kernels yet.

All the problems that I'm seeing are with the generic kernel and aboot that
come with debian alpha potato.

> What kind of SCSI are you using that machine and what version of SRM?
> ARC's BIOS emulator can initialise more types of cards than SRM's can,
> especially the older versions of SRM.

the scsi is an Adaptec 2940 UW pci card (supports max 40 Mbytes/sec
thoroughput).

the SRM is the latest one posted for eb164 on the Compaq website. Don't know
what the date of this is.

Had to update to this version because the SRM that came with the system was
corrupt (it always switched to Debug Monitor).

My guess is the eb164 is an older system and so there just isn't going to be
an updated SRM to support the newer hardware.

if '>>>show dev' does not list my scsi device, is aboot going to be able to
see it ?

Thanks,
geoff Brimhall