aboot not working on eb164

I just installed potato on an eb164 system, and got it working just fine with
milo and the NT arc.

However, I was wanting to use aboot and SRM so that way I could play with the
2.4 kernels. Ran into some problems though:

First, SRM doesn't seem to see my scsi device (it only lists the floppy
device):

>>>show dev
dva0.0.0.0.1    DVA0

Second, when I set up a floppy to contain aboot, the following happens:

>>>boot dva0 -flags i
(boot dva0.0.0.0.1 -flags i)
block 0 of dva0.0.0.0.1 is a valid boot block
reading 166 blocks from dva0.0.0.0.1
bootstrap code read in
base = 11c000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 14c00
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 10e000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code
_

And then the system is hung at the _ symbol.

Should I just continue to use milo - and is there some version that would
work OK with a 2.4 custom built kernel ?

Thanks,
geoff Brimhall