size of glibc on alph rootdisk

Hi there.  I've been working on a Slackware port to the Alpha for some
time and have been having issues getting my rootdisks down to size.  I
went looking at the sizes of things on the Debian rootdisk and noticed
that your libc.so is only about 600k.  Since this is fully half the size
of my libc.so, I would love to know how you managed to do that.

Would it be possible for me to take a look at your build scripts, patches,
etc for making the glibc version that's on your rootdisk?  It would be
very helpful, and much appreciated.

Chris Lumens - chris@slackware.com - KG6CIH
print map{chr(-$n[$i++]+ord)} sort(split(//,'place random string here')),"\n";