Re: UP1000 Question about partitions

Rich Payne <rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org> writes:

> The files just simply need to be copied there. If you're having trouble

Yeah, the error installing Debian is most likely a bug in the
installer - I have not tested that code (not having a UP1000, and
being too lazy to write a proper test harness :-).

I'll try to look at it to see if there is anything obviously wrong
with it.

> Also, FYI there's now an SRM available for this machine, you may want to
> look at that as AlphaBIOS/APB will no longer be updated.

Yes, and the potato boot-floppies should support this (since support
for UP1000 SRM is in the 2.2.15pre kernels used).  Just remeber to use
the generic rescue disk rather than the Nautilus one in this case.

Cheers

--
David Huggins-Daines - dhd@debian.org