Re: UP1000 Question about partitions

Hey,

You must remember that in regards to alphas, i'm a
complete newbie.

--- David Huggins-Daines <dhd@debian.org> wrote:
> Rich Payne <rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org> writes:
>
> > The files just simply need to be copied there. If
> you're having trouble

I went into AlphaBIOS and went into apb. I then:
  cd floppy
  cp up1000.pal /dev/sda1
  cp apb.exe
This cannot be done (already there)...

How do I configure AlphaBIOS to boot this.  Its
telling me that /dev/sda2 (which is my root partition)
does not exist.

> Yeah, the error installing Debian is most likely a
> bug in the
> installer - I have not tested that code (not having
> a UP1000, and
> being too lazy to write a proper test harness :-).
>
> I'll try to look at it to see if there is anything
> obviously wrong
> with it.
>
> > Also, FYI there's now an SRM available for this
> machine, you may want to
> > look at that as AlphaBIOS/APB will no longer be
> updated.
>
> Yes, and the potato boot-floppies should support
> this (since support
> for UP1000 SRM is in the 2.2.15pre kernels used).
> Just remeber to use
> the generic rescue disk rather than the Nautilus one
> in this case.

I copied the generic rescue disk, but how do I get
into it from alphabios?

Regards,

Robert Martinovic