Re: Boot problem on a Deskstation Raptor III - please help.

Joacim Melin (joacim@melin.pp.se) wrote:

> Hi all.

Hello;

> I asked for help a while ago with getting Linux running on this machine, but
> it didn't really lead anywhere.
>
> This is what I know about it (taken from an ad somewhere - my box only has
> 64MB ram and a 300MHz CPU and a different NIC (3c509)and GFX-adapter. The
> company who built it, Deskstation, are no longer in business) :

What does this system have for firmware? i.e. ARC, ARCS, AlphaBIOS, SRM?

I've seen several people asking if the Raptor3 supports Linux, maybe it
would be worth while making it do so? (I'm day dreaming here, I don't own
a Raptor3 ;-).

Regards,

Ron
--