Re: Dependency problems in self-built packages

Christopher C Chimelis writes:

> On 19 Nov 2000, Paavo Hartikainen wrote:

>> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unknown output from ldd on
>> `debian/tmp/usr/bin/gif2png': ` libcpml.so => /usr/lib/libcpml.so
>> (0x0000020000244000)'

> Those are just warnings.  In reality, the cpml and libots packages
> should inlcude a <package>.shlibs file that details which libs are
> in the package, the soname of each, and what package name to put in
> the Depends field.

Now after trying much more, I still cannot figure out what is the
proper way to fix those packages.  Am I supposed to create this file
automatically for the library by using something like "dpkg-shlibdeps
debian/tmp/usr/lib/libots.so.1" or just editing "debian/shlibs" and
then "install -m 644 debian/shlibs debian/tmp/DEBIAN/shlibs" in
"binary-arch:" section of "debian/rules"?

Yes, I did "ln -s libots.so usr/lib/libots.so.1" for the package since
"debian/shlibs" file seems to require some version number in the
middle.  Tried editing it to "libots ots" and "libots 1 ots".  Is some
kind of dependency information required as well?  Uh, I am really
getting myself confused with the Debian packages here.

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen
  minusta  /  E-mail: pahartik@sci.fi