Re: Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre5 compilation

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 08:56:10AM -0500, Rich Payne came forth with:
> > > Well, you could use ALSA (www.alsa-project.org).
> >
> > Good point.  I hear ALSA support on the Live! cards is better anyway.
>
> FWIW, when we did the SBLive testing on UP1000 at API we used Alsa as the
> other kenrel module wasn't ready yet.

Hmm.. I know that quite a while ago, I was working with Rui Sousa from the
emu10k1-devel list to get the Creative drivers working... they were working
fine the last time I had a working Alpha (in between machines at the
moment), but mixing them with Esound gave me grief (it played everything
multiple times (each set of two seconds was repeated 3/4 times))..
> > I think RH is going with 2.4.0-test7 or something like that (at least
> > that's what I heard last).  It could be that they're using one of the
> > 2.2.18pre's, though, since they do resemble the 2.4.0-test series more
> > than they resemble 2.2.17 :-P
>
> 7.0 ships with a 2.2.17, there's a 2.4.0 on one of the CDs if you want to
> play with it, but they don't install it for you.

There's a preview directory (under i386) on disk 2 that has 2.4.0-test6 (or
thereabouts. It also has devfsd and a few other bits and pieces (a different
glibc build). I haven't seen the alpha version yet..

L.
--
Liam Bedford                  | Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
System Administrator          | And though the holes were rather small