Re: Dependency problems in self-built packages

On 20 Nov 2000, Paavo Hartikainen wrote:

> Now after trying much more, I still cannot figure out what is the
> proper way to fix those packages.  Am I supposed to create this file
> automatically for the library by using something like "dpkg-shlibdeps
> debian/tmp/usr/lib/libots.so.1" or just editing "debian/shlibs" and
> then "install -m 644 debian/shlibs debian/tmp/DEBIAN/shlibs" in
> "binary-arch:" section of "debian/rules"?

The proper way is to call dh_makeshlibs during the binary-arch phase of
packaging libots and cpml.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure if even I
did this in my packages...:-(

> Yes, I did "ln -s libots.so usr/lib/libots.so.1" for the package since
> "debian/shlibs" file seems to require some version number in the
> middle.  Tried editing it to "libots ots" and "libots 1 ots".  Is some
> kind of dependency information required as well?  Uh, I am really
> getting myself confused with the Debian packages here.

You can create the file yourself using the others as an example (see
/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs.