Re: nis 3.8-0.1 on axp

Hi again,

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> I built ypbind by hand from the nis-3.8 package with CFLAGS="-O" and the
> resulting binary seems to work fine.  I haven't yet verified that higher
> optimisation is what causes the problem, but given the comments in debian/
> rules about anything more than -O2 being bad news for Alpha it seems quite
> likely.

Sorry it took me so long but the machine is somewhat essential here and I
cannot just play with it when I feel like.

In any case: I just rebuild ypbind from the debian sources
(i.e. dpkg-source -x ...) and got a ypbind binary that for some reason is
about 28% larger than the original one (after strip) and works perfectly
with broadcast.  The question is now: is the packaged binary somehow
broken?  The machine was just a potato/alpha (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220)
and ldd reports the same for both my binary and the packaged one so I
cannot give an explanation for the difference in size.  I also tried with
-O6 and that works too.  Miquel, could you trigger a rebuild for alpha?

Regards
    -richy.
--
Richard Kreckel