Jensen installation problem

Hi folks ..

I`ve been asking on irc , reading  the docs etc but I can`t find a
sollution.
I`m in stalling Debian (first time debian user, been using RedHat,
Slackware, Caldera, Suse and others all over the place) on my Jensen box

I`m stuck in the Installing Kernel and System modules (just after mounting
the root file system)

changing to the second console learns me that
cp linux/target/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.17-generic

is being executed perfectly  there where the system stops ..
zcat sys_map.gz

I can kill this process and start over again. but I can`t get past it..

Any ideas ?

greetz ..

    .--.
   |o_o |		Kris Buytaert