Re: Dekstation Raptor Reflex

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:17:50 -0400 (EDT) Rich Payne
<rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org> wrote:

> FWIW, even if it's based on the UX I wouldn't buy it
> unless you're getting an incredible deal. The firmware
> is out of date and it not getting updated, the onboards
> NICs are infamous for failing to auto-negotiate.....

I second that. The UX is by far the worst piece of hardware
I've ever had the misfortune to waste money on. It works
with very few other devices, its BIOS is designed to run NT
only (my hat's off to whoever got MILO to run on it: a
pretty impressive hack).

Regards,
---CV