Re: anyone successful in compiling kernel 2.4.0-testx ?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Rich Payne wrote:

> More good news....I'm now running XWindows with a usb mouse on the UP1100
> :)
>
> It took a little work (like reading the USB docs...) but it seems to work
> fine. I gpm going as well.

That is good news!  Wow!  Wish I had USB on my SX now :-P  I know the
controller is built-in, but there's no header :-(

> Which soundcard was/is causing the problem?

Here's the section of his config related to the sound board selection:

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=y
# CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_EMU10K1=y
# CONFIG_SOUND_FUSION is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ESSSOLO1 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MAESTRO is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SONICVIBES is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_TRIDENT is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDCLAS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDPIN is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_OSS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_TVMIXER is not set

And here's the error (in case you want to find it...after a quick grep,
it's pretty obvious why it's barfing):

ecard.c: In function `emu10k1_ecard_init':
ecard.c:138: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
ecard.c:138: `TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE' undeclared (first
use in this function)
ecard.c:138: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
ecard.c:138: for each function it appears in.)
ecard.c:139: warning: implicit declaration of function
`schedule_timeout'
make[5]: *** [ecard.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/linux/drivers/sound/emu10k1'