Re: anyone successful in compiling kernel 2.4.0-testx ?

--- Rich Payne <rdp@talisman.alphalinux.org> wrote:

> make archdep

And this worked for you?  I have been unsuccessful in
compiling every 2.4 test series kernel.  There are a
few problems as I see it using the debian kernel
package (which we are all meant to use :P )

 1. make-kpkg clean removes arch/alpha/vmlinux.lds,
even if mach archdep makes it
 2. removing 'rm -f arch/alpha/vmlinux.lds' from the
makefile allows the compilation to proceed further,
but it still fails

Any suggestions would be great since i have usb
devices just begging to be used

Robert