Re: kernel-source-2.4.0-test4 problem

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Robert Martinovic wrote:

> Thanks to Ron, and all who responded to my last query.
>
> i just apt-getted kernel-source-2.4.0-test4 from
> woody, and have got a problem.  After using make-kpkg
> clean and make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
> i get:
> 'make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2' as the last line.
>
> Has anyone got this working yet?

The 2.4.0-test kernels are still going through major problems on archs
other than i386 (what a shock, eh?).  I've been compiling them as they
come out and have found problems ranging from not booting to missing
symbols in modules.

In short, unless you REALLY need the features in the 2.4.x series at this
point (which you might), it's better to avoid them.  If you do need them,
though, I'd suggest hand-compiling them (without make-kpkg) since they may
require some patching and such.