Re: benchmark results of page granurality patch

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Naohiko Shimizu wrote:

> The kernel patch http://shimizu-lab.et.u-tokai.ac.jp/~nshimizu makes
> HPC applications faster. I ran some benchmark with pached kernel.

The benchmarks are impressive!  What were you using to benchmark it?

> BTW, why 2.4.0-test? kernel crashes on the mount?
> Is there any solution on the mount problem?

I'm looking into it.  I think it's that potato has an older version of
mount, but I'm not sure about this yet (just realised this yesterday,
pre-sleep).  I also noticed some "niceness" problems that keeps some
userspace apps from running with test4-pre6, but I've seen some patches on
the kernel list that might help.  I'll probably beat on the kernel a bit
tonight and see if I can get things improved a bit.