Re: benchmark results of page granurality patch

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Naohiko Shimizu wrote:

> BTW, why 2.4.0-test? kernel crashes on the mount?
> Is there any solution on the mount problem?

Apparently so.  I'm about to try it out further, but a quick glance at
Documentation/Changes in the kernel tree yields the following minimum
requirements:
o  Gnu C                  2.7.2.3
o  binutils               2.9.1.0.22
o  util-linux             2.10g
o  modutils               2.3.10
o  e2fsprogs              1.18
o  pcmcia-cs              3.1.13
o  PPP                    2.4.0b1
o  isdn4k-utils           3.1beta7

Looks like the only thing that's out-of-date in potato and woody is
util-linux (which provides the mount package).  I'm about to ftp the
new util-linux source to verify this, but need to add the shared mem stuff
to my fstab first before booting into the new kernel again (maybe that'll
fix my ugliness with daemons).  I'm also a bit concerned with some ext2fs
errors that popped up (not really errors, but it thought that the
filesystems needed checking, which was not true...makes me suspect that I
may be in for bitmap corruption that another user noted on the kernel list
as well).