Re: fast math lib?

Naohiko Shimizu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think we can separate the vectorized library from other codes.
> Then we can use libcpml with vectorized sqrt etc.
> The code is independent from other libffm codes, then it is easy to do.

That might be a very helpful idea, as those routines could also be combined with
other vectorized functions, like trig functions, into a new vectorized ultrafast
math lib.

But even without separating out the vectorized codes into a separate library, my
impression is that this is possible by linking both libs in the right order, so
cpml symbols get used first, then ffm.  We used to have to do this for the various
fastmath libs, e.g. -lffm -lfm -lm so ffm would get first priority, and symbols not
found there would be searched for in fm (based on not-quite-free Cray routines),
then plain m.

Here one could just do -lcpml -lffm and get the desired result, right?

Zeen,
--
            Adam Powell                    http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
            Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering