Re: MILO 2.2.17 for potato/Alpha?

David Huggins-Daines <dhd@debian.org> writes:

> I was rather impressed by the MILO 2.2.17 release notes, and I'm
> considering (a) packaging it, and (b) using it for the potato
> boot-floppies.
>
> I know it's a bit late to switch to a new version of MILO at this
> point, but this one appears to be significantly better (provided it
> actually boots on the Miata), and since it is easier to build and
> package, would help us be a bit more correct in terms of having
> source, etc, etc.
>
> Has anyone else tried it, and had positive/negative experiences
> they'd like to report?

I have an SX164, and I've tried the Debian 2.0.x milo, and it hanged
drawing a lot of dots when initializing the hardware. Did anybody else
get it to work with an SX164?

I'm currently using another 2.0.x milo, I have no idea where I got it
from :)

I've also tried the 2.2.16 milo, and it worked fine; it also was able
to load a 2.4pre kernel, while the 2.0.x milo wasn't.

So as a SX164 user I would prefer the 2.2 series, but I don't know how
it looks like for other arches.

	Falk