Re: Internal errors in g++

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Anton Ivanov wrote:
>
> > With the debian config it builds, while a normal ./configure ; make blows up.
> > Difference seems to be in the compile flags. In other words obscure bug in
> > g++. One more g++ bug one less... I will try to dig more info on it and
> > possibly pass it up to gcc-bugs.
>
> Hmmm...that's odd...

Yep, it is. It is something in the optimizer. As -O0 without this flag passes
with flying colors as well.

[snip]

>    Most of them have both positive and negative forms; the negative form
> of `-ffoo' would be `-fno-foo'.  In the table below, only one of the
> forms is listed--the one which is not the default.  You can figure out
> the other form by either removing `no-' or adding it.
>
> `-fexceptions'
>      Enable exception handling. Generates extra code needed to propagate
>      exceptions.  For some targets, this implies generation of frame
>      unwind information for all functions. This can produce significant
>      data size overhead, although it does not affect execution.  If you
>      do not specify this option, it is enabled by default for languages
>      like C++ which normally require exception handling, and disabled
>      for languages like C that do not normally require it.  However,
>      when compiling C code that needs to interoperate properly with
>      exception handlers written in C++, you may need to enable this
>      option.  You may also wish to disable this option is you are
>      compiling older C++ programs that don't use exception handling.

	Missed that one... But this is rather strange... Turn off all exception
handling?

	Hrm... I have not looked through mysql code since 3.21.something. I think
that I am going to ask the mysql folks if these options are actually right for
mysql current. And if they remain right for 3.23. which is knocking at the
door.

Result will be posted to the list. But otherwise the way the patches are
formulated right now if someone stays 100% within the package system there is
nothing critical and everything works ;-)

[snip]

Cheers ;-)