Re: openldap on alpha

Ok, I realized I was being a lazy bastard and I went and applied Dave's
patch by hand where it was failing and it works beautifully.  I tend to
shy away from messing with too much code since I'm hardly a programmer--
current student in the learn-as-you-break school of C.

So, it works.  My concern for the future is, how does this get into the
upstream release so that other people don't have this problem.  If
there is anything I can do to help that happen, let me know.

On openldap.org, I see an ITS #535

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Software%20Bugs?id=535;expression=align;user=guest;statetype=-1

followup from BenC on May 17th, but it
looks as thought this has been a known issue since ITS #10: Dec 17th,
1998-- which is closed for some reason.  It seem as if this issue has been
talked about under the opinion that is creates minor impact, but slows
things down pretty good when you start throwing things at it.  The ISP I'm
putting together on these boxes keeps all user information in the LDAP
database, so it's going to get some hits.

Thanks for the wonderful response on this.

Dan
Network Systems Engineer