Subject: FW: [Fwd: Alpha motherboards (RTLinux)]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:39:17 -0400
From: "Heinisch, Harry" <Harry.Heinisch@compaq.com>
To: "'waisun.chia@msa.dec.com'" <waisun.chia@msa.dec.com>
CC: "Estabrook, Jay" <jestabro@pdgsrv.mro.dec.com>,"Freedman,
Edward"<Edward.Freedman@compaq.com>

Here's the info you requested.....

Harry Heinisch
Alpha Linux Engineering Team Member
508-467-9803

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 12:18 PM
To: Heinisch, Harry
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Alpha motherboards (RTLinux)]

Harry:

- The DS10/DS10L uses an ALI 1543C SouthBridge/SuperIO chip, with a
Dallas
Semiconductor 12887 RTC/CMOS RAM/Integrated battery hanging off the
1543C's
XBUS.

- The XP1000 uses a Cypress Semiconductor 693U SouthBridge which has
integrated RTC/CMOS RAM with an external coin cell battery.

- In both cases, the RTCs provide a 32KHZ square wave which is the time
base
for the software TOY clock.

- Both the ALI 1543C and the Cypress 693U have integrated a Timer Unit
that
is compatible with 8254 register addressing and description.

hth!

/dave