Re: RTC: I give up

Dan Laffin <dan@mid-hudson.com> writes:

> I read posts about how my hwclock issues might be related to the absense
> of RTC support in the kernel.  I'd like to add it, but when I try to
> compile 2.2.14 on my DS-10, it fails.  It only fails when RTC support is
> added.  I have tried with and without the rtclite patch.  Below is the
> failure.  Thank you for any ideas.

This is really easy to fix.  Someone (rth? API's people) forgot this
#include statement:

#include <linux/mc146818rtc.h>

Put that up with the other includes at the top of the file and it will
compile and link (albeit with some warnings).

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.223.0225 mobile