Re: RTC: can't get a working kernel

Ok, thanks for the tip. Here is what I found.  When the machine starts to
boot, it says:

  Booting GENERIC on Tsunami variation Webbrick
  using machine vector Webbrick from SRM

Since i picked system-type "generic".  Where is identification information
like this for the DS10 available?  Tsunami isn't a choice when configuring
the kernel. Although, I do see it in a few of the alpha Makefiles.

I manually added "CONFIG_ALHPA_TSUNAMI=y" to the .config file and
compiled which causes it to totally skip the problem file below, but that
kernel doesn't seem to want to boot.  The last message on the SRM that I
get is:

  aboot: ok, now starting the kernel...

The screen doesn't go red or anything.

So, then I tried just removing the sys_nautilus.o file from the Makefile
and everything seems to boot and be happy-- hardly user friendly though.
Thoughts?  Any idea who I could speak to about this issue?

Dan                              <dan@mid-hudson.com>
Network Systems Engineer          518.943.6600x3350