Re: Custom kernel (2.3.99) build on frozen

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Wai-Sun Chia wrote:

> Hello,
> I've just successfully installed frozen (ex-potato) on my Alpha XL366.
> So far so good. As I want to try out the new software RAID which only
> exists on the 2.3.x series, I downloaded the latest 2.3.99-pre3...
>
> Running "make menuconfig" and "make config" both give me a segfault...
> Anybody got any of the 2.3.99 series kernel to compile on frozen?

So far, I've been unable to compile any of the 2.3.99 series kernels
successfully.  I've gotten by the 'make config' process, though, thanks to
so patches from Richard Henderson (check the RH axp-list archives for
those).  Unfortunately, the code that seems to fail to compile happens to
be just the feature that you want to use.

I'm hoping that future versions will incorporate some of Richard's patches
and then things can improve.