Boot disks on Ruffian

Hi,

I have problems concerning the current boot disks:  2.2.8-2000-03-08

1) I follow the instructions in the documentation concerning the ARC Console + Boot
floppies, but MILO refuses to load

SYSTEMPARTITION=multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)
OSLOADER=multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)\linload.exe
OSLOADPARTITION=multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)
OSLOADFILENAME=\milo
OSLOADOPTIONS=

with the disk in disks-alpha/2.2.8-2000-03-08/ruffian/images-1.44/
This should load milo, but I get:

> invalid program path: OSLOADER=.....

2) I can boot from the old milo on my hardisk, but not load the kernel from the rescue
disk. A     ls fd0 at the MILO prompt, which should list the contents of the rescue floppy
returns:

%/ .............. %///

3) The boot floppies from: http://koenig.isr.uni-stuttgart.de/debian/boot-floppies.pre-2.2.7-alpha-20000211/disks-1.44/ruffian/
     work in the sense that my milo on the harddisk can read them and start the
      installation. But after the installation the milo can not read from dev sda2 which
      is root, perhaps because I have not chossen the ext2 compatibitity mode for 2.0.x
      kernels.

Any help especially to point 1) (Booting milo from floppy on an ruffian) is appreciated.

Another interesting question for me would be how to install a recent milo on a small dos
partion on my hard disk. But I will not try this before I can safely boot milo from
floppy.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
     Daniel