Re: bus mouse problem

On Mon 28 Feb 2000, Kor og Agnes van Hoegee wrote:

> I try to get an old Logitech busmouse working on a axppci33.

Is this a _real_ busmouse, or a PS/2 mouse? People often confuse those.

> As soon as i start gpm i get the message /dev/mouse:
> No such file or directory.

That means /dev/mouse doesn't exist (apart from whether the device
itself is at all support by the kernel).

For a PS/2 mouse you need to specify /dev/psaux, for a Logitech busmouse
you need /dev/logibm.  Or make /dev/mouse a symlink to the correct one.

Besides this, you need to have kernel support for the mouse. PS/2 mouses
are supported in standard debian alpha kernels, the busmouse type not
(in which case you need to build a kernel with the correct option).

BTW, this problem is in no way alpha-specific as far as I can see right
now.

> X starts up, but closes down immidiatly.

Of course, it needs a mouse.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/