Re: Why is this?!?

Hello,
I had the same problem on my system and just let apt uninstall all of those
packages.
I then installed them again (using apt).  Most things seem to work fine, but
whenever
I start gimp, it gets through the first part of the splash screen and then dies
with something
like 720 lines of:
gimp fatal error: sigsegv caught
sent to standard error.  did I make a big goof in the upgrade process, or is
something about
this new libc6.1 causing gimp to break (it worked correctly before all of this
happened)

Luke Shulenburger
(sluke@mit.edu)