Why is this?!?

emperor:~# apt-get install libc6.1 libc6.1-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  gdk-imlib1 gnome-libs-data imlib-base imlib1 libart2 libc6.1-pic libesd0
  libesd0-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  abiword alsaplayer dia gconv-modules gdk-imlib-dev gnome-bin gqmpeg
  gtkfontsel gtksee iglooftp imlib-dev imlib-progs libart-dev libc6.1-bin
  libfnlib-dev libgnome-dev libgnome32 libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32
  libgnorba-dev libgnorba27 libgnorbagtk0 libgtk1.2 libgtk1.2-dbg
  libgtk1.2-dev libgtkmm libgtkmm-dev libgtkxmhtml-dev libgtkxmhtml1 libvdk1
  libvdk1-dev mozilla mozilla-editor mozilla-mailnews pavuk peruser vdkbuilder
  vim-gtk wmakerconf xchat xmms
10 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 41 to remove and 321 not upgraded.
Need to get 7397kB of archives. After unpacking 118MB will be freed.

Almost my whole machine will be hosed when I install these to thingies... If
this is correct there needs to be done some serious recompiling...

B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------