Re: Alpha issues (SRM installation)

On Wednesday,  9 Feb, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> There are two things I'm wondering about:
>
> 1) dbootstrap needs to detect whether it has been booted from SRM or MILO,
> then adjust the installation sequence accordingly, neither of which I can
> figure out how to do.  (well, the former can probably be done by a 'dmesg |
> grep -q SRM' :)

It's probably best to check the 'system serial number' field in
/proc/cpuinfo: whether it starts with 'MILO' or not, as in

[...]
system revision		: 0
system serial number	: MILO-2.0.35-c7
cycle frequency [Hz]	: 231996548
[...]

This is the same algorithm a generic kernel uses to determine which way it
was booted.

Nikita