Re: Routed problems?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 04:23:53PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> We've been having problems getting routed or zebra to work on a fairly
> current potato system.  A similar configuration works quite happily on
> an i386 Slink machine.  Both systems are running kernel 2.2.14.

Further investigation appears to have turned up a bug in the kernel.  It
seems that there is a kernel bug which causes things which use ifreq to
fail unless they compensate for bad alignment.  I'm guessing that this is
also what affects zebra, and it also appears to cause nmap problems (it
complains that it can't find interfaces which are in the kernel routing
table).  It may well affect other things.

A patch which seems to fix routed (culled from the RedHat RPM) is in bug
#56026.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/