[compman@internetcds.com: Debian/Alpha question]

As I don't know much about Alphas, can someone out there better answer
this message?  Would appreciate it if someone can.  =>

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

== Signoff: Beregond (Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' --
   they have 'arguments' -- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.) at 02:00PM

--- Begin Message ---
Long time, no type.  How have you been doing?

I'm thinking about getting a Digtal Alpha 2100, but I was unsure if it
would do what I wanted.  I understand that their is a Debian/Alpha out
there.  If I got this system, would I be able to run Debian on it?  The
poor thing is infected with something called "Windows NT."  Would Debian
work as well on this box as Debian did on my 486/66?

I hope you'll be able to answer these questions, as the $510 + shipping
price of this system represents a very sizeable investment for me, but I
think it would be a really cool system to have.

Thanks,

Patrick Olson
compman@internetcds.com

P.S. Here's the system specs:

Digtal Alpha 2100 with External Raid array (Digital Alpha 2100 4/200
Server) with:

	1) 2 - 200Mhz Alpha processors
	2) redundant power supplies
	3) Includes all interconnecting cables, monitor, keyboad and mouse
	4) 9-2G, 2-4.3G & 4-2.1G SCSI2 drives
	5) Windows NT 4.0