Re: -taso flag?

On 19 Jan 2000, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Ok, this is where I got lost. Thanks for clearing it up.

No problem.  It's a strange concept since most people are so used to
dealing with 32-bit archs and compiler tools.

> Ok, that's what I kinda thought but wasn't sure. That's why I provided
> that example code and asked.

Glad I could help.  And, yes, it always helps when you can look at your
own code and understand what the various options did to it :-)

> One more question: How similar is our -taso compared to Tru64's?

I'm assuming it's very much like it.  I haven't used Digital UNIX/Tru64 in
AGES, so I'm not sure just how far their linker flag goes.

> Assuming potato gets released soon. ;-)

It should.  Plus, I've seen alot of resistance towards adding the -taso
patch to the main binutils tree for various reasons.  I agree with them,
but I think sometimes, you have to give a little.  So, unless they apply
it, I doubt any other dists will add the patch themselves.