Re: Weird lockups

> Just a "me too".  I have had hard lockups with the following system:
>
> 164LX2 533MHz

Another 21164 system.  This is different from the PC164's.  Anyone know
what the difference is?  Which sub-arch would the LX2 use?

> 4GB Seagate IDE drive
> 8MB ELSA Gloria Synergy video card.
> DEC Tulip NIC (Kingston KNE100TX)
> Debian 2.2

Have you updated recently?  The autobuilder is back and a good number of
packages have been updated.

> more often when running X.  I have tried swapping all removable parts of

I think we are seeing a lot of this... Here's what I've summarized:

BUG-- HARD system locks with Alpha processors.

Description- Unrecoverable (SysReq fails) system lockups at various,
unpredictable, unrepeatable times.  Users have estimated error could be
with-

	3 PC164's 1 LX2
 	IDE controller support for alphas.
	CMD646 IDE controller specifically
	X - 2 ppl w/ G200 PCI's 1 w/ ELSA Gloria Synergy
	2 w/ 3Com 905b's
	2 w/ NCR 53C875 SCSI Controllers

Diagnostics performed- All users have tried different hardware
configurations, including replacing all IDE hardware w/ SCSI.

Notes- Some report problems with module loading, or modular kernels.

Kernel versions- Various 2.2.x.. including 2.2.13 and 2.2.14.

 Matthew R. Pavlovich