Re: Weird lockups

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 09:01:42PM -0500, Matthew R. Pavlovich wrote:
> This sounds like enough people to catch the ear of the kernel folks.
> Anyone have an idea how to track this down?  Sysreq isn't of much use, and
> I cannot reliably reproduce the problem.  I have built X twice now, with
> out problems.  Current uptime on PC164: 3 days 20 hrs.

Just a "me too".  I have had hard lockups with the following system:

164LX2 533MHz
4GB Seagate IDE drive
8MB ELSA Gloria Synergy video card.
DEC Tulip NIC (Kingston KNE100TX)
Debian 2.2
kernel 2.2.14
SRM firmware

It has not locked up lately.  I'm not sure if it's stable now.  It seems
to hang more often if I build a modular kernel.  It also seems to hang
more often when running X.  I have tried swapping all removable parts of
the machine (video card, memory, HD) to no avail.  I have several
similar machines which have also occasionally locked up, though it
happens more often on my desktop machine.

Any insight into this problem would be most welcome.

Greg
--
Greg Johnson                          gjohnson@physics.clarku.edu
http://physics.clarku.edu/~gjohnson            finger for PGP key