Re: LX164 install and DC burning questions

"Anthony 'Evil Twin'" wrote:

> I have an LX164 that has RedHat preinstalled on it.  I would like to
> install Debian on it.

What I did with an LX164 with RedHat preinstalled (from
HardData):

 - boot RedHat and unpack slink's base file in a new partition
   (potato base didn't exist at the time and I had slink CDs)

 - delete the unconfigured.sh file

 - from MILO, boot the RedHat kernel using the slink root
   partition.

 - Now running slink, finish configuring slink.

 - build a 2.2 kernel and create a MILO menu entry for it and
   debian.

 - boot it, `apt-get upgrade` to potato over the net.

This is from memory, so I may have forgotten some steps.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada