LX164 install and DC burning questions

Hi -

I have an LX164 that has RedHat preinstalled on it.  I would like to
install Debian on it.  I have T1 access via the University.  And I also
have access to a CDROM burner.  This machine is more of a learning/fun
tool rather than a 24/7 production machine.

Which distribution should I install from?  Would a CD install be
preferable to a floppy install?  Which kernel is the most stable?  Am I
missing any other questions?

I have installed Debian on a 486 and on a multia a year ago.  But I
hadn't the time to do much with them.  So I am a little familiar with
the install procedure.

Tony -

--
Evil Twin -                                                     one_spike
        the Man, the Myth, the Legend in His Own Mind -       //~____/  ~\\

disclaimer - 'Evil Twin' is a nickname, the big ugly graphic on the right
       is a volleyball.  The 'spike' and 'kill' are volleyball-related.