Netbooting into Debian setup

Hey all,

	I've recently acquired a DEC 3000/300X which I'd like to install
Debian on, but the DEC doesn't have either a floppy drive or a CD-ROM
drive. I'm also forced to access the system via the serial terminal. I can
boot into the SRM console fine, but I need some help setting up to netboot
into Debian setup. Here's the situation:

* The DEC has 16MB of good RAM and a 1GB refurbished hard drive attached
to the on-board SCSI adapter. All the on-board peripherals are supposed to
work fine.

* The "server" which I'll be netbooting the DEC from is a PC running the
Debian 2.1r4 base system. I've used APT to download and install the netstd
(I think that's it; otherwise I mean netbase) and nfs-server packages, but
I haven't attempted to configure anything.

* The PC and Alpha are networked via a crossover cable between the two.
The PC has a working 3c509 card, and the DEC's on-board card should work.
I'm going to network them w/ a mini-hub and patch cable later this week
b/c I'm not sure if the crossover works or not.

Here're my questions:

* What do I need to do to set up the BOOTP server? I know I've got the
modify the /etc/bootptab file and the /etc/inetd.conf file, but I'm not
exactly sure what I need to do to correctly modify those.

* I'll need to set up a TFTP server w/ the boot image to send the DEC,
right? I know this involves modifying /etc/inetd.conf as well, but I don't
know what else I need to do to set up the TFTP server.

* I need to set up the NFS server so that I can install via NFS. What
files do I need to modify and how, and what Debian files do I need to
download?

* Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks for *any* help that you can provide me with! I've never done this
before, so even a pointer to some docs on the web that I've missed would
be very helpful.

Wes Kurdziolek
xunil@vt.edu at VA Tech (http://www.vt.edu)
wes@mike.emerge.wm.edu at home

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and
clothes." -Erasmus