Re: antivirus

Christopher Le <tofi@itrex.myip.org> writes:

> i would like to find an antivirus for alpha/linux, but
> there is no version for alpha.
>
> i found a lot for linux/i386 but not for alpha.
>
> do you know where i can find one ?

Well, there's only one known virus for i386 Linux, and not a single
one for Alpha Linux AFAIK. So antivirus programs are not really high
on people's priority list :)  There are more generic programs which
detect changes of binaries, e. g. 'tripwire'.  For Debian, a good
method would be to compare the md5sums of binaries against those in
/var/lib/dpkg/info; I think there is even a package that does this.

	Falk