Re: MILO. now it boots - but ...

I'm sorry!

I installed linux, leaving one 2Mb partition. for example sda1.
Once a I get  the system  working I get the diskette
and copy it to one arbitrary directory and the name of the archive is :
resc1440.bin
this disk has the linload.exe, the linux kernel and the milo,  now you must do:

%dd if=resc1440.bin of=/dev/sda1 bs=1440

or if you have a disk with the resc. disk

%dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dev/sda1 bs=1440

This will install all the disk in the partition sda1, that now it will be a DOS
partition with milo, linload and the kernel. Mount the partition to see i the
things are correctly installed. Now you can proceed as said in the README, for
installation with  NT ARC firmware. If you want boot from SRM you must do it
with a BSD partiton table.

I think that this dd command will not destroy anything. If something goes wrong
you can repeat the process, because the only partition touched is sda1

(NOTE:I suppose you use the rescue disk for your machine)