XFree86

Hi All...

Just been running dSelect on my Alpha/Potato distribution and noticed that
there are new X font packages:

xfonts-100dpi
xfonts-75dpi
xfonts-base
xfonts-scalable

They all version at (I guess... I'm new to Debian :) ) 3.3.3.1-4 for their
new version (currently I have 3.3.3.1-3 installed).
They won't install however because they depend on:

xbase-clients version 3.3.3.1-5

Which isn't available.

Also, I noticed a week or so ago that all of a sudden
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/*/fonts.alias had disappeared, either that or a
new version of X had meant a requirement for one.  I copied one from my
old RedHat box and my X server came back to life again - just thought
people might like to know!

Also, thanks to all that helped me with the S3 server problem (hanging and
freezing on an AS300-4/266) - the basic end conclusion is either deal with
it at 8bpp or swap the video card for another one and since I can't get
hold of another non-s3 card for this machine (work machine) I'll just have
to put up with 8bpp :-) Thanks again :)

Cheers,
Matthew Peddlesden