Re: Alpha DKA600 = Linux /dev/$what?

Way back when, Paul Slootman wrote:

> > cannot get Debian 2.1 to mount the root file system under
> > this or any other device name (sdb6, sd0, sdb) I have even
>
> Try /dev/sda2 (have you in fact already installed linux on it?
> Did you use the second partition / slice for root?)

I have not installed Linux *anywhere* as this is simply an
initial installation boot-up. The way I perceived this is
that Linux needs to mount a root even in the install boot
so it can come up in a normal run state. Are you saying there
is only a root *after* the installation?

- Kyle
kylet@shore.net   http://www.shore.net/~kylet
UNIX Sys Admin        "Grandpa, what was NT?"