Re: apt-get upgrade dies badly ...

> On Oct 28, Paul Slootman scrawled :

> Ouch. Perhaps that libc6.1 is compiled for some exotic Alpha CPU?
> What system do you have?

Alphastation 255  Avanti  ;)  not too esoteric realy

> > so i have a broken libc6.1  :(
> > options?
> Hmm, boot from the rescue & root floppies, mount your root fs, and copy
> the libc over from the floppy?

actually, it's not too broken.   Everything's still working as far as i can
tell.  to start off with, I couldn't even spawn a new shell (under screen)
but i manually tried dpkg -i libc6.1... and even though that died as well,
it's working okay (as far as i can tell) now.

does anyone have a copy of libc6.1 2.1.2-5.0.1????
that's what was working okay before.

cya,
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere